7.06.2010

The Weekend Of Relaxation

It has been difficult getting back into the swing of things after having such a relaxing weekend. It was one of the best though. Since we have had so much going on for months on the weekends it was super nice to really just be with each other and chill. One of my favorite things to do, for sure! We stocked the fridge full of goodies and used a lot of of remaining CSA box contents to eat our little hearts out. 
I made this fresh and chunky salsa on Sunday morning. I had a sweet pepper beaver dam that I had to put to good use. I had never heard of one before but thought salsa would be the answer for that. I am not usually a recipe kind of girl so I just used vine ripe tomatoes, orange bell peppers, white and red onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper, and the "new to me" sweet pepper beaver dam. Pretty tasty and fresh. I think it would taste amazing over a grilled fish as well.
I forgot to mention that I chopped into a good part of my finger tip including my finger nail while preparing this fresh salsa. This was even before the few cervezas we consumed while swimming at the pool. I swear I should not have sharp objects in my possession, EVER. This is unfortunate due to the fact that I cut hair for a living. I did ok today so maybe the spell has been lifted.
We hadn't seen Melissa in two weeks so she came over and made vegetarian chili dogs and corn. We were able to watch fireworks from our balcony which made our lazy weekend even more perfect and we were so happy to see the "Vegenista" and her amazing dog Lucie Lu.

No comments:

Post a Comment